With Instagram recently opening-up their ads API, we thought it was a good time to launch our 2015 Instagram Survey, in collaboration with The Vision Network.
- Big brands aren’t giving due attention to their activity on Instagram, leaving it out-of-step with their other social network accounts, and out-of-touch with audiences.
A summary of what we found
- A significant proportion of brands have no presence or publish content infrequently.
- Even brands publishing regularly often struggle to clearly demonstrate the purpose of their account.
- Brands often take an inside-out approach, posting about the things they’re doing rather than focusing on a passion point of their audience.
- The FMCG and Auto sectors performed best, while Finance brands were generally less effective.
- A number of brands are demonstrating a strong understanding of the platform; L’Oreal Paris, Ford and Specsavers all performed strongly.