About slp consulting
In 2014, with over decade of digital and social media experience under his belt, Simon founded slp consulting to help organisations navigate the rate of change and growing impact of social media on customers, prospects and employees.
Since then social media has become even more deep-rooted within organisations and increasingly shaping how they communicate with customers, buy media, conduct research and organise teams internally. This means having the right capabilities, structure and governance has never been more important.
At Capgemini Consulting he spent most of his time helping to improve online customer experiences, and dabbling in something new called Web 2.0.
This led Simon to a boutique social media agency, RMM, where he was able to immerse himself in all things social media, working with a number of large early-adopter brands.
With a good dose of strategic and best practice knowledge, Simon then headed “client side” to really put this to the test. As Head of Social Media at Sainsbury’s Supermarkets he was able to work across many different sectors, collaborate directly with the major social networks, and push social media onto the agenda of senior stakeholders.
Reflecting on this combination of real world experience and best practice knowledge, Simon decided it was high time to set up his own gig – slp consulting was born.
Nina has overseen the creation, production and delivery of hundreds of hours of successful television programming. She now consults in this area as well as supporting slp consulting in their execution of creative and thoughtful social media marketing projects for their clients.
Why work with us?
As the importance of social media grows within businesses it’s never been more important to have the right supporting capabilities in place.
We work collaboratively with clients to ensure social media operational and governance foundations are in place, dovetailing with the creative and campaign expertise of existing digital/social/creative/PR agencies.
- We’re independent: bringing an independent point of view (founded in 14+ years of agency, consulting and client-side experience), it’s easier for us to ask the stupid/tough questions
- We’re flexible: clients’ priorities can change rapidly, especially in the area of social media; we’re super nimble, enabling us to respond to those challenges without fuss
- We bring structure: to help counter the rapid change and ambiguity of social media we tap into our consulting experience, using tried and tested frameworks to organise and simplify
- We’re pragmatic: while we love nothing more than chatting about the merits of social media we know clients need recommendations that are pragmatic and sensitive to the context of the business
- We understand large enterprises: we have experience of integrating social media across multiple departments in large enterprises and communicating unfamiliar topics to key decision makers
- We’re experienced: we’ve had the pleasure of working for a wide range of well-known brands across a wide range of sectors including:
- Financial services including HSBC, Martin Currie and Sainsbury’s Bank
- Retail including Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu, Habitat, Wyevale Garden Centres, John Lewis, Firebox, Odysea Foods and Biscuiteers
- Research with the likes of Hall & Partners, Firefish and Syren Strategy
- Leisure including The FA, Virgin Bet, Wembley Stadium and Racing TV
- Professional services; Catalina UK (retail) and Moreno Masey (architects)
- Manufacturing & design including ZXY International (fashion)
- Energy including Shell
- Health including Slimming World and healthcare-focused PR agency Satellite PR
- Telecommunications including Sainsbury’s Mobile and Three Mobile, with our agency partner Gravity Road
- Publishing including Bonnier Publishing via our agency partner Gravity Road and e-flux