Our social media operating model audit is designed to help large and medium-sized enterprises ensure they have the right internal structure, processes and governance to help maximise the opportunities of social media.
Download the summary
⤵️ You can download a summary of our audit product as a PDF.
The importance of social media governance
Social media presents significant opportunities for organisations to reach and engage customers in new and exciting ways. Conducting a social media operating model audit will:
- Provide an external evaluation of your existing approach
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency
- Prioritise actions to stop, start and continue
However, without the right operational structure and supporting controls in place there’s potential for businesses to be:
- Left open to brand and reputational damage
- In danger of costly, inconsistent or duplicated activity
- At risk of social media not aligning to the brand purpose
Nobody wants to be dealing with issues resulting from compromised passwords, under utilising platforms they’re paying for or running activities that aren’t laddering up to objectives. Good social media governance is about providing a robust framework that gives internal stakeholders the confidence to make effective use of these evolving channels.
First we review the current situation using interviews, questionnaires and desk research to:
- Better understand your objectives
- Evaluate the business environment you’re operating in
- Analyse the existing social media infrastructure, controls and governance approach
- Contrast how other organisations are approaching these activities
Then we we evaluate the findings assessing them against industry best practice to identify gaps, risks and opportunities.
We provide clients with a report defining what’s working well and where opportunities for improvement exist, scored against each element of the framework.
We’re big fans of helping clients visualise their situation using techniques such as Harvey Balls↗️ to illustrate how they’re performing across different areas.
The findings from these reviews will lead into the development of recommendations, delivered as a roadmap of short, medium and longer term activities.
The Social Operating Model White Paper
⤵️ You might also like to download our white paper which explores seven different aspects of social media governance where enterprises can struggle.
Get in touch
If you’d like to learn more about our services please email, call or complete the form below.
Call: 07970 890468